If you add negative keywords on your setting, QC Cốc Cốc will NOT display your ad for searches of those.
Negative keywords on QC Cốc Cốc’s system have the form:
Keyword 1 -Keyword 2
In which, Keyword 2 (located after the minus “-”) is the word or phrase that your ad will not be displayed when users search for.
For example: buy dinosaur –China
By adding the negative keyword of “buy a dinosaur – China”, your ad will be shown to those who search for “buy a dinosaur” “buy a Vietnam dinosaur”, but not for “China” (“buy a China dinosaur”, “buy a fake China dinosaur”, etc.).
Negative keywords help to eliminate those searches who which are not relevant to your products, thus making your ads displaying to only those who need and search for your products/services. It will minimize the advertising cost (CPC) when displaying to wrong users, and increase your profits in the long run.
How to set up negative keywords?
- Step 1: Go to Add Keywords at the bottom of the Creating New Ad page.
- Step 2: To create negative keywords, input keywords in the form of “Keyword 1 – Keyword 2”For example: Inputting keywords “buy a dinosaur –China”This action helps to ensure your ad will only be displayed for searches related to “buy a dinosaur” but not for ones with keyword “China” such as:
- Buy a Chinese dinosaur
- Buy a fake Chinese dinosaur
- Buy a cheap Chinese dinosaur
- Step 3: Click “Save” to activate this negative keyword.