Keyword match types – Broad match
- What is broad match?
- How to add broad match keywords
- How broad match helps you
- Best practices for broad match
What is broad match?
- Broad match is one of QC Cốc Cốc’s keyword match types.
Match types: Match types can be applied to each keyword you select. You use keyword match types to help control which searches can trigger your ad.
- Choosing broad match will make your ads run on relevant variations of your keywords, including synonyms, related searches, potential misspellings and other relevant variations. Those associated terms do not need to be in your keyword lists.
- Broad match helps you reach a large audience with very little effort.
- Examples of search terms that trigger your ads when you use broad match:
How to add broad match keywords
(see how to create a new search ad and a new banner ad).
Adding broad match keywords to a new ad
When you reach the “Add Keywords” step, enter your keywords without any special symbols.
Enter your keywords without any special symbols
- Adding broad match keywords to an existing ad:
- Add new keywords to an ad
- Find your desired ad and click the “+Add Keywords” button
- Input new keywords without any special symbols.
- Click “Apply” to activate your new broad match keyword.
- Change an existing keyword to broad match
- Click on the keyword you want to change to broad match.
- Re-add the keyword without any special symbols, or choose “Broad match” in the box.
- The newly changed keywords will be moderated again. The old keyword will be stopped.
Click on the dropdown and choose broad match
How broad match helps you
- Broad match gets you the most traffic possible: It’s impossible to predict every exact variation that users will search for. Broad match skips trying to predict strange queries by automatically displaying your ad for relevant queries. That’s why you reach the most users possible.
- Less effort to build keyword lists: With broad match, QC Cốc Cốc will help you think of every possible keyword variation. You don’t have to spend time figuring out what exact terms people may use to search for your keywords.
When to use other match types
- You’ll generally achieve a higher Clickthrough rate (CTR) with exact and phrase match because your ads include the exact terms your customers are searching for.
Example: You sell leather shoes. If you choose the keyword leather shoes with broad match, your ads may show to china shoes, high heel, leather wallet, red wingtip… If you don’t want your ads to show for search terms like “china shoes”. You can use the negative keyword china and your ad will never show for any search related to china.
- Use broad match modifier: If you want to use broad match, but also want to ensure that the search terms that trigger your ads must contain certain word(s), use broad match modifier.
Example: Returning to the leather shoes example, if you want the search terms that trigger your ads to have the word leather to be more relevant, just add +leather shoes as your keyword.
If you have any problems relating to keywords or your ad, please contact us via:
Hotline: (024) 38 838 838
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Skype: coccoc_qc or Yahoo: coccoc_qc
How to earn more clickthrough rate by building good keyword list